As stated before, Orders Monitor and Strategy Monitor frames contain only a limited set of data. Those components list up to 500 recent user’s orders/strategies. This is due to performance reasons and when working with application, user typically do not require more historical data.
You can invoke Data Search frame with:
- selection inside menu Tools\Data Search,
- defined keyboard shortcut (default [F7]),
- Data Search button button from the Menu & Tool bar.
Data Search frame comes in handy when you need to check data from past weeks or months. The frame consists of two tabs:
- Orders - used to list all your historical orders, orders’ data are presented exactly like in the Orders Monitor frame,
- Strategies - used to list all your historical strategies, strategies’ data are presented exactly like in Strategy Monitor frame.
In both tabs several searching parameters can be set. In Orders tab you can search by Instrument, or Time interval (initial order sending date). Strategies tab provides more parameters, like Strategy Name, Strategy State etc. If none of searching parameters is set, then all data (not filtered) will be returned.
Once the search parameters are set search is executed by clicking Search button. Such operation (depending on searching parameters and amount of user’s data) can take significant amount of time. In this case you will see a progress bar showing searching status. Ongoing search can be stopped at any time by clicking on the Stop button next to progress bar.
Data found during search process is returned in batches of 50 rows. To iterate through rest or results use the Next and the Previous buttons under the Search button.